Super yummy 5:2 Paleo Vegeo Soup – The Fast Diet for a Paleo Vegetarian
I saw this amazing recipe after watching the documentary, Eat, Fast and Live Longer on PBS recently, and checking out all of the fuss on the UK websites. This book has taken off over there, and I think that when incorporated with a paleo vegeo lifestyle it could really be the secret to aging in a healthier manner.
This is really important to me because this last week my mom called me to tell me that she had skin cancer, and I can be thankful that my niece pushed her to go to the doctor before it could really spread into her tissue or organs. Being able to lower those hormone levels that are attached to aging, and to those cancers really is even more important to me now. I have an adorable daughter that wants me to live to be 104, and I plan to do just that with her by my side.
Now the Intermittent Fasting has been around for a long time, but it wasn’t until I watched the documentary that I really understood the science behind it. Part of the information on the tribe the one doctor was working with was so interesting. I am the girl that is in bed on time, and I could not stop watching this show. It takes a lot to keep my interest, and so you know it was very very good.
Spicy Tomato and Chickpea Soup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 inch/2½ cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (LOVE)
- 3/4 cup Chickpeas (soak dry beans overnight, drain, rinse and cook for 35 minutes, let cool)
- 1.5 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 vegan stock cubes, dissolved in 3 pints of hot water
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped, a spoonful
- a good grinding of Pink Himilayan salt & black pepper
2. Add the spices and mix well until the onion is well coated.3. Pour in the tomatoes, chickpeas and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally as lentils have a tendency to catch on the bottom of the pan.4. Add the coriander and season with salt and pepper.5. Enjoy!