Blueberry Chia Coconut Applesauce Breakfast Muffins Oh My!!
I am on day two of the challenge
and really needed something carb-like for some reason. To the rescue with the Nutiva Coconut Flour, which is now available at Costco. I will tell you it was worth going there on Sunday and the madhouse that it is in order to get my coconut flour. These muffins were so delicious. I know that a lot of folks have a fear of cooking with coconut flour because it can be very dry, but adding in the applesauce instead of honey was the right trick to keep the moisture. I may try this again at a different temperature and see if they come out any different.
When I do I’ll make sure to update this post.
Blueberry Chia Coconut Applesauce Breakfast Muffins (modified from Nutiva’s Coconut Flour bag)
3/4 Cup Nutiva Organic Coconut flour
1/4 Cup Sunfood Sacha Inchi Protein Flour (Can sub all coconut flour)
1/2 Tsp Himalayan Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Unsweetened Organic Applesauce
3/4 cup Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk
5 Jumbo Pastured Eggs (or 6 Large)
4 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
4 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (corn-free)
4 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Cup Organic Fresh Blueberries
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Mix the two flours, add in salt and baking soda
3. Add in applesauce, chia seeds, coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix well. At this point it will a little bit like a bread dough.
4. Mix in eggs and blend well. With Pastured eggs your batter will now look very yellow, which is awesome.
5. Blend in your fresh blueberries.
6. I filled 12 parchment baking cups with the mixture and baked for 35 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the baking tray when you pull out of the oven to keep the muffins from continuing to bake.
7. Cool and enjoy!
These were very moist, and I really could have devoured quite a few but I kept myself to just one knowing that I can have another tomorrow.