Rounding up your “something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue” can be surprisingly fun. Usually the “something new” is a no-brainer, thanks to your many wedding purchases. But if you insist, you can use it as an excuse to hit up your groom for a gift. (Tennis bracelet, anyone?) As for the others, try these ideas:
- Why not don wedding bands from both of your grandmothers on your right-hand ring finger?
- Stash an antique British sixpence in your left shoe. (It’s supposed to bring good luck.)
- Ask to borrow a family Bible for the ceremony or an uncle’s luxury car to chauffeur you to the reception.
- Have your initials and wedding date embroidered onto your dress lining in baby blue.
- Paint your toenails in a sparkly and trend-worthy shade of blue.