- 1 pound pastured grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fresh onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned organic tomatoes or four diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup organic ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat ground beef, olive oil, garlic and onion over medium heat until meat is nicely browned; drain.
- Pour in tomatoes and tomato sauce; mix in salt, ground black pepper, basil simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Our favorite is the Mrs. Leeper’s Organic Rice Vegetable Twists or the Vitaspelt Noodles.
- Mix cooked sauce with hot pasta and cover with Raw Gorgonzola cheese before serving.
- Serve with a nice local salad mix and some homemade rolls for the best comfort dinner.