This is a great, healthy meal that you’ll come back to again and again. This truly is one of my favorite baked fish recipes. It is fancy enough for a special dinner, but why I love it the most is that it takes almost no time to prepare it.
1 cup coarsely chopped onions
2 tablespoons EVOO
2 Organic Golden Delicious apples (or your own favorite organic apple), diced
1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
4 (4-6-ounce) Wild Caught Halibut steaks, thawed if necessary
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced parsley
2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill or 4 tsp. dry dill
1. Sauté onions in olive oil over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until onions are browned; remove from heat and stir in apples, 1/2 of your dill, rosemary, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Cut four pieces of unbleached TCF parchment paper (I like the silicone coated If You Care brand)
3. Place halibut next to the fold of parchment paper; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon each lemon juice and minced parsley and the other half of your dill over halibut and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place generous 1/2 cup apple mixture on parchment paper slightly overlapping halibut. Fold other half of parchment paper over halibut. Seal edges with tightly creased overlapping folds.
5. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 400°F 10 minutes or until packets are puffed and lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven; cut paper around halibut. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.