I have a latex allergy, just one of my blissful allergy issues – and that means no bananas, no avocado, no kiwi, no fun. SO when my friend, Jennifer, sent me the link to Chocolate Covered Katie’s Avocado-Free Guacamole… well I just had to try it.
- 8 oz asparagus (34-36 skinny spears, ends trimmed)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons peas (I used straight frozen Costco peas… didn’t even thaw them)
- 2 tablespoons Grapeseed Veganaise
- 6 drops of Lime Essential Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic fresh pressed cilantro
She has some other alternatives like sweeteners, but I didn’t find that I needed anything more to add it to it. My husband loved it, but he said it didn’t taste like guacamole…lol..
It was super easy to make. You just steam the asparagus just until soft, then combine all ingredients (except onion) and blend in a food processor until very smooth. Stir in onion (you can omit if desired). Then put in the fridge until it’s cooled down. Loved it!!