Looking for an alternative to the regular spicy soups? How about sweet potato sweet and spicy soup:
(This Rachel Ray recipe was originally modified by Bodybuilding.com and then I added my own options)
2 medium Carrots, peeled
2 stalks Celery
1 large Onion, peeled and halved
3 tbsp Enchilada Sauce
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
1 Bay Leaf
5 cups Vegetable Stock
1 large baked Sweet Potato, cubed
Plain Coconut Greek Yogurt for garnish
1 Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat and spray with Coconut Oil spray
2. Add carrots, celery and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, chipotle, and enchilada sauce and stir to combine.
4. Stir in salt, pepper and a bay leaf and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add stock, cover and raise heat to high. Bring the stoup to a boil, remove cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add sweet potato and simmer 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender (you could also add in some chicken if you are not looking for a vegetarian option, as well as use regular plain greek yogurt below)
7. Garnish with dollop of Plain coconut greek yogurt.