This is a nice hearty meal, but with some yummy vegetables to try to get more veggies into your diet.
1 lb. whole wheat fettuccine pasta
1 batch of Alfredo Sauce*
1 red onion, chopped
3 carrots, cut into chunks
1 zucchini, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped
1. Chop the red onion, carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers. Place on an oiled baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Chop the top portion of head of garlic, wrap in aluminum foil. Place the vegetable’s and garlic in a 400 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
2. Prepare the alfredo style sauce according to the recipe below.
3. Prepare the fettuccine noodles according to package directions.
4. Place the roasted vegetables and garlic in a large bowl. Add the alfredo style sauce and the pasta and toss.
Alfredo Sauce Recipe
1 Tbsp. EVOO
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups organic rice milk
1 cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp. whole grain flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden brown.
2. In a small saucepan, stir together rice milk, chicken broth, flour, salt and pepper over low heat until smooth and thick. Stir into garlic. Continue to cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick. 3. Stir in the cheeses.