I found a great recipe at Eating Well that has become a staple in our house. I changed it up a bit – but my way or their way it’s a great quick lunch idea that you’ll come to love.
Combine tuna, beans, tomatoes, scallions, oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Seriously – how easy could that be? You can make it at night while dinner’s cooking and it’s good to go for lunch in the morning. I love it.
Another easy to put together item for dinner is the Taco Twist Pasta
1. In your large pan you want to combine the meat, tomato sauce and peppers. Bring it all to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, combine pasta and sour cream.
3. Place your pasta mixture in a 8 x 8 pan sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
4. Sprinkle mixture with 1/2 cup of your cheese.
5. Add meat mixture as the top layer.
6. Bake, uncovered at 325 for 25 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, bake 5 – 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
I love that you could put this together the night before and throw it in the oven when you get home. Great ideas to keep your family healthy, and keep it easy in the kitchen. Ciao!